Hemlock woolly adelgid resources
- HWA Pest credit cards
- HWA Fact Sheet for Canada English French
- The HWA documentary gives an overview of HWA and biocontrol in the US.
- HWA in Nova Scotia
- Eastern Hemlock Forests: Guidelines to Minimize the Impacts of HWA includes management decision making approaches.
- Website compiling HWA resources (US)
- HWA management plan for Canada English French
- Biology and Control of Hemlock Woolly Adelgid This USDA publication provides a general overview of HWA biology and management; control measures are from a US perspective.
- Management Strategies for Eastern North American forests Threatened by HWA, a webinar by USDA scientist Mary Ann Fajvan. Access through CIF or contact us for connection details.
- Silvicultural Options for Managing Hemlock Forests Threatened by HWA.
- Role of Silvicultural Thinning in Eastern Forests Threatened by HWA.
- Factors Associated with Hemlock Vulnerability to HWA.
- Elevated Light Levels Reduce HWA Infestation.
- Thinning Effects on Foliar Elements in Eastern Hemlock: Implications for Managing Spread of HWA.
- Foliar Chemistry Linked to Infestation and Susceptibility to HWA.
Biological and chemical control (US)
- Biology and Control of Hemlock Woolly Adelgid This USDA publication provides an overview of biological control agents and status to 2014
- Biological Control of Pests in Forests of Eastern US USDA and university scientists provide a detailed history of biocontrol programs to 2009.
- Silver fly Predators of the HWA the USDA describes early results on the newest HWA biocontrol agent.
- Insecticide Treatment of Hemlock Trees for HWA Cornell University's Hemlock Initiative gives an overview of chemical control options in the US.